Thursday 28 October 2010

Frustrations & Irritations

It's amazing that there aren't more - or any - smashed computer screens sitting on our dumps! The number of "Error" messages I've received just this evening would normally have made me get enormously upset and uptight. But I'm just sitting here carrying on without a word! Maybe I've got to the point where I expect things not to go right. As a Canadian comedian living in UK said as a guest on a show sometime - nothing works in England, and you're OK with that! (or something to that effect). When two hours work, copying, typing, pasting, thinking, just disappears off the screen in front of you - shouldn't that be the most irritating, hair-pulling, screaming, hand-wringing experience? Horrors! Have I just given up? Or have I just 'mellowed'?! Does age have something to do with it? Maturity?
How annoying it is to have school kids dart in front of the bus 'queue' - a London 'queue' of course being simply a word with one consonant in it and four vowels and not much else.
But it passes. I get a seat on the bus. I retype the page ten times before going to bed at midnight, or leave it to tomorrow night. There's-always-tomorrow kind of attitude; Chill; can't do anything about it - and that's how we manage to live one day at a time!
Tomorrow's Friday. Maybe that's the day when things go sunny side up, all ready for the weekend? Maybe!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment